April 10, 2007

The Purpose Driven Life

Just finished reading the first chapter of Purpose Driven Life Book…wow, For me the book is great. I ever bought about the book in the last few years ago. But never feel to read it. Don’t know why. Until now, I realized this book has bring me the some explanations what on earth am I here for? Feel glad that I’ve found something to redeem myself…yes, by reading the book; I have learned something that i never know before.

The funny thing is, I have bought the same book before for someone else as a birthday gift. So, that mean this is the second time I’ve bought the same book and at the same book shop. The book is such a groundbreaking manifesto on the meaning of life.The most basic question everyone faces in life is Why am I here? What is my purpose? This books suggest that people should look within, at their own desires and dreams, but writer says the starting place must be with God and his eternal purposes for each life. Real meaning and significance comes from understanding and fulfilling God’s purposes for putting us on earth.


The first chapter caught my attention, “What on Earth Am I Here For?” Have we thought that what on earth we are here for? For who we life? I never thought of this question before. I thought I live on earth just because I’ve born to this wonderful world. I never thought of something better than this. But the real answer through my question all this while stated here in this book. The real explanations that most of us has never think. The book told the purpose of our life, how greater it is more or even our own fulfillment, our peace of mind or even our own happiness. It’s far greater than our family, our career or even our wildest dreams and ambitions. Something new I learned here, that I’ve been placed into this earth all because I am belong to Him…to His purpose.

When we only focused on ourselves, we will never reveal our‘s life purpose. We cannot arrive at our life’s purpose by starting with a focus on our self but learned to begin everything in Him, our Creator. There some quote from this book; “You exist only because God wills that you exist. You are made by God and for God and until you understand that, life will never make sense”. I guess there a lot more to discover from this book. Hopefully it will bring more explanation on what on earth are us here for. So, for you guys…from now on, I prayed that all of us will discover the purpose of our life and what on earth are we really for...


Until then, God Bless Everyone…. (",)

No comments:

Nuffnang Ads